Thursday, January 29, 2015

Name Something


  My son called it the loo or the W.C. No matter that he had never been to England or watched Downton Abbey. I chalked it up to a phase, an I-want-to-sound-sophisticated phase. For a while he insisted we call him Hank instead of Henry. His older sister just called him Stupid. Hank/Henry gave her a new name in return. He managed to twist Annalia into gonorrhea, and it stuck. I can't tell you how many times I've answered the phone to hear, "is Gono--I mean, Annalia--there?" I have no doubt I'll find Henry murdered in his sleep some morning. The joys of children.
  Henry also went through a phase where he called me Mother, but now he prefers to call me Kit--which is not my name. Sometimes I think Slave would be a more appropriate title. Gotta love those kids. I can't wait until they grow up and have to clean their own loos.


No comments:

Post a Comment